the hostgator coupon Google Ping atoo lee: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds

I thought It would be fun to share with you how I make my roasted pumpkin seeds. This is more just for fun, (and more for myself) I was just really excited to bake some seeds because I haven't in a long time! It's not hard to do (I'm sure a lot of you already know how, but for those who haven't tried...) and its really yummy.

Anyways all you'll need is some;
pumpkin seeds, salt and pepper and oil.


1. Get your pumpkin seeds and clean them up. You'll want to put them in a bowl or strainer and get all the left over pumpkin guts off them.
2. Wash them with cold water.
3. Lay them out to dry for a few hours.

4. Once they're pretty dry put them in a pan and add a tablespoon or two of your favourite oil. Sprinkle some salt and pepper on them and mix it all up.
5. Then put them in the oven at 325 degrees F for about 20 minutes. About half way, you want to stir the seeds around a bit to give an even roast.
5. Let cool and enjoy.

I always like to add a little more salt on my seeds once they're done.

TIP:
You can keep the seeds for up to about two - three months, I was told to keep them in the fridge but I think they'd be fine in a container, on a shelf of something. I also found out you can freeze pumpkin seeds for up to a year. :]

Do you just use salt and pepper on your seeds or do you use some other spice/seasoning?